Job Summary: Specialty Leasing Coordinator – Regional Shopping Center
Job Scope: Report to and work with the Specialty Leasing Manager to achieve property and overall program goals for Crabtree Valley Mall, the Triangle’s largest shopping and dining destination located in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of License Agreements for new and renewing Tenants.
- Responsible for collecting and updating all data pertaining to Specialty Leasing, including but not limited to, rent, past due rent, security deposits, insurance certificates, sales reports and overage payments.
- Maintains check log, tenant files, insurance COI’s and all reports.
- Collects, maintains & updates record-keeping of proper insurance certificates for all Specialty Leasing tenants. Follows-up to verify information is accurate and enforced throughout length of term.
- Collects monthly sales from Specialty Leasing tenants and follows-up accordingly.
- Responds to questions and daily issues, problems, etc. from tenants & customers.
- Responds to leasing inquiries from prospective tenants by phone, e-mail, mail & to walk-ins.
- Shows available spaces to prospective tenants.
- Complete License Agreements, program administration and tenant setup.
- Processes all maintenance requests and notices regarding tenant set-ups, move-ins & move-outs.
- Submit required reports to identify deal making, forecasting and program status.
- Monitor rent collection, sales reporting and License Agreement processing.
- Apply for permits as needed and coordinate inspections.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Assist with business development efforts to secure additional revenue through sponsorships, revenue generating events and onsite advertising.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective and existing mall retailers.
- Assist in achieving required visual merchandising standards with retailer and visual merchandiser.
- Evaluate retailer status and make recommendations for improved business planning.
- Dealing with Ambiguity & Learning on the Fly – can effectively cope with change and can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; does not get upset when things are up in the air; does not have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and communicates it to the rest of the Team for improvements to the center; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/clients and gains their trust and respect.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Planning & Organizing – can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Time Management – uses time efficiently and effectively; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Sales Oriented – assist the Team to prospect and identify sponsorship opportunities; ability to close the deal; develop and maintain relationships with sponsors.
- Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities and with various types of people.
- Initiative – takes pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership.
- Technology – takes pro-active approach to learning new software programs to improve efficiency and presentations; as well as continuously enhancing existing skills with Illustrator, Word and Power Point.
- Communication – able to provide ongoing communications to mall team through distribution of thoughtful and detailed information that best conveys messages.
- Teamwork – able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support to other departments and to tenants as necessary.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers. Be solutions oriented.
- Physical Requirements – ability to do limited physical activity – setting up for events, organization of storage areas, lots of walking and other light to moderate physical tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’ degree preferred
- 1-2 years professional experience in shopping center management/operations preferred.
- Excellent with PC, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
- Ability to easily learn and use new systems.
- Strong organizational, time management and delegation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks effectively and establish priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
To respond to this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference “Local Leasing Coordinator Crabtree Valley Mall” in the subject line.