The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will fulfill reception desk, customer service duties and to provide general office support for a Regional Shopping Center.
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival and makes guests feel comfortable while waiting.
- Maintains an expansive knowledge of Shopping Center stores, business hours, and other relevant property information.
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories and schedules.
- Helps update and maintain retailer emergency contact forms, tenant contact lists and merchant welcome packets.
- Understands certificate of insurance and workers compensation requirements of property and helps to coordinate COI’s and maintain log for tenants, contractors and visitors.
- Operates telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Monitors housekeeping and security radio transmissions and communicates as needed.
- Receives mail, deliveries, documents, and checks and logs them accordingly and then disseminates to proper party.
- Inventories and orders office, shipping and general business supplies.
- Assists various departments with office related tasks, including, but not limited to data entry, website maintenance, sales collection, accounting functions, retailer outreach, social media monitoring, operations, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by assisting on projects as necessary.
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Organizing – can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively and efficiently, arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently, values time, concentrates efforts on the more important priorities, gets more done in less time than others, can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years administrative experience.
- Experience with shopping mall property management a plus.
- Knowledge of accounts payable processes. MRI knowledge preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with customers, tenants and ownership.
- Microsoft office, power point and excel.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Receptionist – Franklin Park Mall” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.