Job Scope: To fulfill reception desk and customer service duties and to provide general office support for a Regional Shopping Center
Property Assistant Job
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, answering questions and directing them appropriately.
Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Maintains an expansive knowledge of Shopping Center stores/restaurants, business hours, events, and other relevant property information
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries.Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories.
- Helps maintain schedules of certain office team personnel by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitor badges.
- Operates telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone/console operation.
- Coordinates any repairs needed for office equipment
- Keeps a safe, clean and organized reception and work area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with maintaining certificates of insurance
- Prepare insurance reports for filing with insurance carrier and process workers compensation forms
- Address tenant inquiries and dispatch complaints to appropriate departments
- Preparation, maintenance, and distribution of emergency contact list, tenant contact list, approved contractors list, building rules and regulations
- Coordinate/assist with scheduling meetings and handle outgoing correspondence
- Maintain inventory of office supplies for building use and order as required and within approval limits
- Produce correspondence and reports
- Maintain general office files
- Take on daily assignments as directed by the Sr. GM, Accounting, Marketing, Operations, Specialty Leasing and Administration teams
- Assist Marketing Team as necessary with special events, promotions, social media and other marketing initiatives.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere
- Courteously and quickly handle all telephone calls and tenant / client/ vendor issues
- Follow-up on tenant requests to assure satisfaction; log-in completed work orders and compile monthly reports
- Prepare tenant billings for special work request and other charges
- Complete accounting forms and process as required
- Maintain filing system in manner required by Supervisor
- Maintain a calendar and meet all deadlines for reports as directed by Supervisor
- Receive, code, acquire appropriate approvals, allocate (if required) invoices and distribute to accounting for payment in a timely manner
- Assist with annual budget preparation as requested
- Distribute mail/faxes/packages immediately on receipt and handle outgoing mail in a timely manner
- Assist with planning of events including luncheons, parties, etc.
- Keep Supervisor informed of status on all assignments in a timely manner
- Perform various other functions as directed by the Supervisor
- Attend training meetings as requested by the Supervisor
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Organizing – can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively and efficiently, arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently, values time, concentrates efforts on the more important priorities, gets more done in less time than others, can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years administrative experience.
- Experience with shopping mall/retail property management, large mixed-use property management, or commercial office property management strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of accounts payable processes. MRI knowledge preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with customers, tenants and ownership.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Service oriented and positive attitude
- Enthusiasm and initiative when interacting with customers, clients, team members, vendors, tenants and others
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task while remaining organized
- Excellent spelling and grammar, math, and computer skills
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, prioritize, and delegate
- Ability to plan a project/assignment, and follow through to successful completion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel)
Resumes can be emailed to: Marissa McCarren firstname.lastname@example.org