Job Title: Marketing & Office Coordinator
Reports to: General Manager with a dotted line to Regional Marketing Director
- Greet tenants and customers, maintain & enhance relationships with tenant base and community groups.
- Assist with daily communication with guests, tenants and vendors.
- Prepare staff meeting minutes and various correspondence
- Inventory/order office supplies with a cost-effective solution.
- Assist General Manager in lease compliance, tenant coordination duties, and administrative accounting functions.
- Assist with monthly ownership and internal reports as needed
- Send new tenant letters and packages; utilities set-up for new tenants; signage approval letters; any other duties required
- Insurance Compliance: Ensure that all tenants and contractors have current insurance certificate on file; contact retailers or vendors insurance carrier if necessary, to obtain valid certificate.
- Manage and update tenant lists including space numbers, phone numbers, and emergency contact sheets.
- Manage the process of updating, coordinating and installing in-center digital signage, graphics, directories, website and social media platforms.
- Assist in obtaining information on all competitive properties, area and customer demographics and available media
- Collaborate with the General Manager and Regional Marketing Director to develop and execute comprehensive, research-based strategic planning that directs marketing efforts to enhance asset value by actively participating in the leasing process (permanent and specialty), driving sales & traffic, and generating alternative revenue.
- Maintain frequent, in person contact and communication with all tenants. Ability to take information and apply it to marketing programs, promotional outlets and reporting.
- Administration and coordination of community outreach initiatives.
- Administration and coordination of in center events.
- Process and submit expenses and invoices.
- Prepare internal reports as needed.
- Continuously improve media spend ROI with a focus on driving attendance, length of stay, sales and data collection.
- Execute marketing programs, events and initiatives based on Regional Marketing Director’s direction & current budget capabilities.
- For special events, research and book entertainment/programming, maintain master programming calendar, coordinate activities, implement direction, promote, attend and represent mall management.
- Create, update and maintain digital marketing platforms including website, e-newsletters, text platforms, Wi-Fi, social media and more that drive results.
- Develop and maintain social media strategy across all channels that meets center goals. Includes but is not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Engage with followers while maintaining brand guidelines.
- Coordinate third party agency teams, including: digital media and creative/graphic design (i.e. Eyeon, Trumpia, Design Pickle). Measure and analyze online marketing campaign performance.
- Develop & strengthen local relationships by actively participating in relevant community groups/activities to represent the asset.
- * Perform any other duties required by General Manager and Regional Marketing Director to successfully operate a Regional Shopping Center.
* Must have flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, business or related fields
- 2 years in professional experience, retail, hospitality, marketing, digital, community relations and/or related shopping center experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals
- Ability to learn and use new systems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent with PC, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Professional experience in social media and/or digital marketing as business tools
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks effectively and establish priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Dealing with ambiguity and learning on the fly – can effectively cope with change and can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; does not have to finish things before moving on. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Customer focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and communicates it; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/clients.
- Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; very bottom-line oriented.
- Planning & organizing – can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Time management – uses time efficiently and effectively; values time; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities and with various types of people.
- Initiative – takes pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership.
- Technology – takes pro-active approach to improve efficiency and presentations; as well as continuously enhancing existing skills with Illustrator, Word and Power Point.
- Communication – able to provide ongoing communications to the team through distribution of thoughtful and detailed information.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer
Retailer Location: Southgate Market Center
Start Date: Aug 5, 2019
End Date: Oct 31, 2019