Job Scope: In concert with the Regional Marketing Director and General Manager meet the objectives of the owners, tenants, and guests.
Marketing Strategy Implementation
- Collaborate with the Regional Marketing Director and property team to develop and execute comprehensive, research-based strategic planning that directs marketing efforts to enhance asset value by actively participating in the leasing process (permanent and specialty), driving sales, and generating alternative revenue.
- Have a working knowledge of the area market. Assist in obtaining information on competitive properties, area and customer demographics and available media.
- In concert with Regional Marketing Director to effectively execute a Marketing program to enhance tenant sales and generate percentage rents.
- Coordinate special events and community relations programs to support merchandising efforts as set by the Regional Marketing Director, General Manager, and business plan; work with retailers to involve them as appropriate; track and produce results summaries to determine impact on center traffic and sales.
- Implementing an ongoing public relations action plan, as necessary.
- Develop collateral pieces for Marketing and Specialty Leasing programs.
- Ensure ongoing exposure of all Marketing and Specialty Leasing programs throughout the center including advertising, on-mall signage, and directories.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community activities representing the property and ownership.
- Oversee tourism initiatives and develop relationships with area hotels and visitor bureaus.
- Works with Regional Marketing Director on advertising and promotions in an effort to support the shopping center’s tenants.
- Oversee production schedules for any planned advertising or printed pieces. Write copy, proofs materials and distributes, as necessary.
- Oversee updates of website information on an as needed basis to keep information current. Write, collect, and update information for: events, deals, news, directory changes, job opportunities, visitor resources, etc.
- Develop and maintain Social Media strategy across all channels that meets center goals.
- Curate email content, develop distribution strategy and maintain regular schedule of communication. Implement a plan to grow the database.
- Review monthly sales reports to obtain knowledge and insight of retailer sales and track key retailer and category trends.
- Establish relationships and ongoing communication with tenants to maximize individual store sales.
- Collaborate with the Regional Marketing Director to develop and implement retailer action plans aimed at maximizing retailer sales and increasing the center’s value.
- Communicate new trends and products with retailers in order to grow current business or expand to additional locations.
- Recruit retailers to participate in planned center programs.
Management and Operations
- Communicate with the property team as needed or required to ensure that the team are kept apprised of marketing activities in the property.
- In concert with the Regional Marketing Director, General Manager, and other Team members, manage Guest Services to provide quality service to gusts, retailers, and the property Team.
- Follow corporate policies and procedures for all programs and promotions.
Financial & Reporting Responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation and observance of the annual income and expense budgets.
- Help prepare and adhere to the monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist with monthly Asset Management Report.
- Assist with monthly tenant sales reports and prospecting reports.
- Prepare annual Goals and Objectives and year-end self-evaluation review.
Additional duties as requested.
Dealing with ambiguity and learning on the fly – can effectively cope with change and can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; does not get upset when things are up in the air; does not have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
Customer focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and communicates it to the rest of the Team for improvements to the center; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/clients and gains their trust and respect.
Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Planning & organizing – can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Time management – uses time efficiently and effectively; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Sales Oriented – assist the Team to prospect and identify sponsorship opportunities; ability to close the deal; develop and maintain relationships with sponsors.
Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks, and responsibilities and with various types of people.
Initiative – takes pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership.
Technology – takes pro-active approach to learning new software programs to improve efficiency and presentations; as well as continuously enhancing existing skills with Illustrator, Word, and Power Point.
Communication – able to provide ongoing communications to mall team through distribution of thoughtful and detailed information.
Teamwork – able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support to other departments, as necessary.
Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
To respond to this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Marketing & Event Coordinator – QKC, Hawaii” in the subject line.
Pacific Retail Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.