Job Summary: Marketing & Local Leasing Coordinator
Job Scope: Collaborate with and assist the Marketing & Business Development Manager with print and digital marketing, event planning, social media, community outreach, canvassing, business development, as well as collaborate and assist the Local Leasing Manager with coordinating, supporting, managing local leasing efforts to exceed the expectations of center owners, tenants, and guests. Focus on programming and initiatives (events, digital and in-Center campaigns, etc.) for youth, families, artists, and seniors; strategically grow and enhance an omni-channel digital program (social media, email, video, SMS) with an emphasis on influencer and business development partnerships; and drive income through advertising deals, temporary leases (pop-us, TILS, carts, kiosks), and event sponsorships.
Principal Marketing Accountabilities (70%)
- Have working knowledge of the area market.
- Marketing Strategy Implementation – comprehensive, research-based planning that directs marketing efforts and drives sales.
- Assist in developing collateral pieces for Marketing and Local Leasing programs.
- Source, create, and execute strategic digital media initiatives and content for all center digital elements as well as track and measure growth.
- Coordinate seasonal and monthly special events and community relations programs.
- Assist in public relations – drafting press releases, blog posts, media alerts, emergency response.
- Take photos, videos, etc. and write captions for robust digital program as well as for reporting.
- Oversee production schedules for any planned advertising or printed pieces. Write copy, proofs materials and distributes as necessary.
- Help identify corporate sponsorship opportunities that will generate additional revenue for the property; assist with sponsorship proposals and programs.
- Build and cultivate tenant relationships, establish ongoing tenant communications, support and garner tenant participation for center programming, and support tenants through localized marketing efforts that increase sales
- Assist in all reporting, including event recaps and the monthly sales reports, to obtain knowledge and insight of retailer sales and track key retailer and category trends
- Create, coordinate and install common area signage and visual vignettes as well as window displays for vacant spaces.
- Define, support, track and achieve measurable results
- Support Marketing & Business Development Manager
Principal Local Leasing Accountabilities (30%)
- Assist with the ongoing temporary leasing of the Retail Merchandising Units (RMUs), kiosks, in-line store and vending, including but not limited to lead generation, lead nurturing, sales presentations and sales follow up.
- Assist with preparation of contracts/agreements, renewals, and amendments.
- Coordinate window displays and visual vignettes.
- Assist Local Leasing tenants with visuals and merchandising within their spaces to maximize sales
- Help prepare and adhere to the monthly and quarterly budget forecasts.
- Assist with space turnover and tenant coordination duties.
- Support Local Leasing Manager
- College degree required.
- 2+ years of Marketing and/or related experience.
- Strong understanding of digital ads, including Facebook/Instagram ad campaigns and retargeting
- Ability to manage timelines of numerous projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills; clear, concise and professional representation expected
- Strong analytical capability, especially in understanding and applying marketing/retail trends and marketing communication principles.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team, tenants, and vendors for rapid and seamless execution.
- Must be flexible and able to work event shifts which may include nights, weekends and holidays with ability to travel as needed for conferences and national meetings.
Preferred Experience – please note these in your application:
- Comfortable in an office environment: Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat, GoogleDrive, conference calls, printing/copying/scanning, Outlook, team meetings etc.
- Fluent in social media. Understand and be able to execute Facebook, Instagram, TikTok/IG Reels, and email paid and organic campaigns.
- Curate email content develop distribution strategy and maintain regular schedule of communication. Implement a plan to grow the database.
- Event planning and coordination experience for events.
- Fluent in the Facebook campaign manager and business manager.
- Understand and be able to execute web retargeting campaigns.
Additional Skills – please note these in your application:
- Ability to manage timelines of numerous projects simultaneously
- Eye for photography/selecting images that perform well
- Knowledge of real estate, retail marketing, leasing and operations a plus
- Basic Google Analytics preferred
- Graphic design, photo editing and video editing experience a bonus.
- Bonus points: Basic understanding of WordPress, MailChimp, InDesign/Illustrator, and iMovie
- Dealing with ambiguity and learning on the fly
- A guest experience focus
- Drive for planning and organizing
- Excellent time management
- Innate comprehension of social media and the Internet
- Interest in Digital Technology
- Proactive Learner
- Excellent Open Communication
- Natural Team-Oriented
- Problem Solving
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
To respond to this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter and reference to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Marketing & Local Leasing Coordinator – Plaza West Covina” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.
Pacific Retail Capital Partners is a fully-integrated, entrepreneurial organization with an unparalleled depth of knowledge in all aspects of retail real estate. Our team of executives and strategic partners draw on decades of experience with major national shopping center owners to deliver top-tier service as an operating partner and provide efficient oversight of the company’s own portfolio. Our broad-based talent is versed in multiple disciplines from investment and development, which enables the company to quickly assess market opportunities, to management, marketing and leasing which allows them to effectively control costs and maintain the quality of its properties. This position is based in West Covina, CA but our company operates nationally with a particular emphasis on large regional malls.