The Local Leasing Manager provides full scale management of the specialty leasing program for the property to meet ownership objectives. The individual selected for this position will spend their time in two of our key locations: Belden Village Mall, Canton, OH.
• Prospect local area on a bi-weekly basis in order to identify new and unique tenants for the Specialty Leasing program and/or permanent Leasing.
• Participate in weekly meetings with the General Manager to update on prospects and overall status of Specialty Leasing program.
• Attend local and regional events in order to maintain retailer relationships and introduce new retailers.
• Responsible for the ongoing temporary leasing of the Retail Merchandising Units (RMUs), kiosks, in-line store and vending.
• Preparation of all license agreements and amendments as well as all other necessary paperwork related to Specialty Leasing merchants.
• Source local permanent tenants for space at the center and run the entire deal with assistance from the SVP of Leasing and the SVP of local leasing as well as the general manager.
Management and Operations
• Ensure that specialty leasing retailers and amenities (signage/fixtures, etc.) enhance the appearance and values of the shopping center and meet company visual merchandising requirements and standards of professionalism.
• Oversee that all specialty leasing retailers are adhering to the Operational Guidelines.
• Coordinate the set-up, relocation, and breakdown of all temporary tenants.
• Collection of weekly/monthly sales reports and rent checks from all temporary merchants.
• Ongoing communication with permanent leasing agent(s) to ascertain space availability, merchandise mix goals and incubation candidates.
• Distribute Specialty Leasing collateral pieces to local/regional businesses and retailers in order to generate activity for the center’s program.
• Ensure that empty RMUs are merchandised with Specialty Leasing collaterals.
• Work closely with the Marketing department to ensure ongoing exposure of the Specialty Leasing program in the mall’s marketing efforts including advertisements, in-mall signage, and directories.
Financial & Reporting Responsibilities
• Responsible for temporary tenant license fee collections.
• Report all delinquencies to General Manager and develop strategy for payment or termination.
• Work with Accounting team on financial reports, receivables, or other financial requirements, as needed.
• Prepare and adhere to the annual income and expense budget.
• Prepare and adhere to the monthly and quarterly forecast.
• Prepare monthly Specialty Leasing report for Ownership Asset Management Report.
• Prepare monthly submission of tenant sales reports and prospecting report.
• Prepare monthly monitoring of Specialty Leasing management fee billings.
• Prepare Pro Formas and Capital Expense requests for new RMU purchases, as needed.
• Prepare annual Goals and Objectives and year-end self-evaluation review.
• Conduct regular meetings with temporary merchants to ensure that both the tenant’s and Ownership’s business objectives are being met.
• Communicate new trends and products with merchants in order to grow current business or expand to additional locations.
• Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks, and responsibilities and with various types of people.
• Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals, bottom line oriented, pushes self and others for results.
• Planning and Organizing – establish course of action to accomplish goals, develops plan for achieving results, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently, measures performance against goals, evaluates results.
• Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
• Time Management – uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; can attend to a broader range of activities; completes work in a timely manner, even under tight deadlines and pressure.
• Written/Oral Communications – is able to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Initiative – Takes pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership. Develops best practices for operations and financial processes.
• Technology – Takes pro-active approach to learning new software programs to improve efficiency and presentations; as well as continuously enhancing existing skills with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Communication – Able to provide ongoing communications to mall team through distribution of thoughtful and detailed information.
• Teamwork – Able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support to other departments, as necessary.
• 4-year college degree and/or 3 – 5 years in professional experience, retail and/or related shopping center experience.
• Excellent with PC, Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to easily learn and use new systems.
• Strong organizational, time management and delegation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to deal with multiple tasks effectively and establish priorities.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must have flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to: Resumes@beldenvillagemall.com Please reference “Local Leasing Manager – BVM” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pacific Retail Capital Partners is a fully integrated, entrepreneurial organization with an unparalleled depth of knowledge in all aspects of retail real estate. Our team of executives and strategic partners draw on decades of experience with major national shopping center owners to deliver top-tier service as an operating partner and provide efficient oversight of the company’s own portfolio. Our broad-based talent is versed in multiple disciplines from investment and development, which enables the company to quickly assess market opportunities, to management, marketing and leasing which allows them to effectively control costs and maintain the quality of its properties.