Enhance the property value by assisting the General Manager and Operations Manager in the management of the property. The Lead Engineer should have a good understanding of the operating systems of the property, contracted services, construction practices, preventive maintenance and safety practices.
Position reports to the Operations Manager.
Management and Operations
- Implement and monitor hazard control and team safety practices, ensure compliance with local codes and regulation and pass the compliance portion of the operations audit.
- Implement preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
- Manage maintenance team through effective communication, supervision, training and scheduling to ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Review public safety reports to monitor incidents, identify trends, verify accuracy and develop preventive programs as necessary.
- Monitor tenant construction by working with, tenant coordinators, contractors and tenants.
- Monitor performance of in-house and contracted services and take necessary action to assure in-house performance and contracted services (security, landscaping, janitorial, etc.) are performing up to our maximum standards.
- Troubleshoot maintenance problems that arise and estimates the best course of action to remedy.
- Inspect and or perform appropriate minor repairs and pre/post maintenance on all; Fire riser equipment, fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, vertical transportation systems, heavy equipment, HVAC systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, lighting systems, emergency power/generation systems, low voltage systems, sound systems, stage systems, flooring systems and coverings, wall systems and coverings, ceiling systems and coverings, glazing systems and coverings, door systems and coverings, parking lot surfaces, roofing systems, drainage systems, trash compaction equipment, etc. as directed.
- Adhere to all required safety practices. Ensure compliance with local codes and regulations.
- Purchase building and maintenance supplies, machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Manage the operation expenses at budgeted levels
- Perform any other duties as required from time to time to successfully operate a Regional Shopping Center.
- Drive Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom line oriented, pushes self and other for results.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at hones analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure, able to make a quick decision.
- Organization – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively and efficiently, arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Planning – Establish course of action to accomplish goals, develops plan for achieving results, can orchestrate multiple activities at once, uses resources effectively, measures performance against goals & evaluate results.
- Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently, values time, concentrates efforts on the more important priorities, gets more done in less time than others, can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Communication– Able to provide on-going communications to mall team through distribution of thoughtful and detailed information.
- Teamwork – Able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support to other departments as necessary.
- Customer Service – Has the interpersonal skills to provide good service to customers, contractors, vendors, ownership and clients. Has friendly and helpful attitude.
- Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities and with various types of people.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Resumes can be emailed to: Andrea Boitnott, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org