Job Description – Marketing Manager Galleria White Plains
Job Summary: Marketing Manager – Regional Shopping Center
Job Scope: The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing programs for the retail center that are based on the center’s strategic goals. The three main areas of focus are, Marketing for Leasing, Marketing for Sales, and Marketing for Pre-Development
- Provide Superior Client Service
- Collaborate with property team to develop and execute comprehensive, research-based strategic planning that directs marketing efforts to enhance asset value by actively participating in the leasing process (permanent and specialty), driving sales, laying the foundation for development, and thought leadership.
- Ensure the properties’ annual marketing plan is directed at achieving owner’s objectives; focused on leasing, sales and revenue; utilizing the resources and tools available
- Monitor, control, and adjust, as appropriate, marketing budget and goals to meet year-end projections
- Responsible for the procurement and development of programs involving outside consultants such as public relations firms, advertising agencies and other vendors
- Review monthly sales reports to have a thorough knowledge of retailer sales track key retailers and category trends
Marketing Strategy Implementation
- Have a thorough knowledge of the area market including all competitive properties, area and customer demographics and available media
- Effectively execute an advertising program and strategy to increase center foot traffic, tenant sales and participation in marketplace
- Coordinate special events and community relations programs to support the strategic plan; work with retailers to involve them as appropriate; track and produce results summaries to determine impact on center traffic and sales;monitor center perception and brand.
- Develop a strategic public relations and media plan
Advertising and Sales Promotions
- •Strategically plans and executes center advertising and sales promotions
- •Executes media buys with various media outlets to determine placement and content
- •Executes reports/analytics for reviews of sales promotion programs
- •Performs market studies to understand retail sales performance by category as well as sales performance ofcompetitive centers
Tenant and Community Relations
- Develops and cultivates relationships with store managers to maximize foot traffic, sales and exposure
- Develops and implements opportunities for Tenant cross promotions to improve sales
- Develops and maintains relationships with community groups, civic leaders, nonprofit organizations and localinfluencers
- In conjunction with the General Manager and senior company management, is the local center spokesperson for all public relations and directly interfaces with the media as necessary to further the objectives of the center and furthers the best interests of the company
- Uses center’s campaign and branding guidelines and oversees all aspects of in-mall signage, including but not limited to, center directories, duratrans, barricade, static sticker in-center sign programs, LED board content, exterior static billboards
- Frequently communicates with tenants
- Builds, cultivates, and maintains relationships with tenants
- Develops Marketing AMR
- Thought leadership, brand ambassador and community liaison for the asset.
- Strategically partner with local groups, hotels, offices, schools, nonprofit organizations and local influencers to support pre-development phase
Digital: Website / Social Media / E-Newsletters / Digital Assets/ SMS/ Text-To-Concierge
- Leads the strategic vision of the center’s website and designs same for optimization and friendly user interface – both customer and tenant
- Monitors website usage & analytics on a monthly basis
- Implements all social media content that effectively promotes the center and its brand, retailers, events – with a consistent voice and professional presentation consistent with a first-class shopping center
- Shows growth across all platforms and reports accordingly
- Creates programs across digital platforms and leverages digital assets to increase awareness for the Center and its retailers
- Plans and implements all center or city events that take place on property
- Serves as primary contact for all event operations
- Coordinates events’ operations participating departments & vendors
- Monitors event expenses
- Reviews event logistics and performance
- Researches and recommends appropriate events for center participation and sponsorship
- Conducts a timely post-event and/or post-promotion meeting review of event/promotion to determine viability and changes/adjustments for the following year
Signage & Visual Merchandising
- Manages center signage, visual merchandise displays, and vacant storefronts within budget guidelines
- Creates holiday décor plan in conjunction with General Manager; partners with Engineering and Maintenance for center seasonal décor, creates calendar of tasks, and monitors budgeted expenses
- Recommends and researches additions to and changes in seasonal décor
- Communication – Able to provide ongoing communications to mall team through distribution of thoughtful and detailed information.
- Teamwork – Able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support to other departments as necessary.
- Organization – Ability to maintain an organized workspace/office and have the skills necessary to keep an easily understood filing system.
- Customer Service – Has the interpersonal skills to provide good service to customers, contractors, vendors, and clients. Has friendly and helpful attitude.
- Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities and with various types of people.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals, bottom line oriented, pushes self and others for results.
- Planning and Organizing – establish course of action to accomplish goals, develops plan for achieving results, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently, measures performance against goals, evaluates results.•
- Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Time Management – uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; can attend to a broader range of activities; completes work in a timely manner, even under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Initiative – Takes pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership. Develops best practices for operations and financial processes.
- Technology – Takes pro-active approach to learning new software programs to improve efficiency and presentations; as well as continuously enhancing existing skills with Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field and/or 3 – 5 years in professional experience, retail and/or related shopping center experience
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and research and reporting
- Excellent with PC, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Ability to easily learn and use new systems
- Strong organizational, time management and delegation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Social Media skills and experience posting for a company
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks effectively and establish priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings
- Additional duties as requested
- Exempt position
- Salary based on experience and qualification
Well qualified applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Subject Matter: Marketing Manager Galleria White Plains
*Additional duties as requested.
*Must have flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evening