Pacific Retail Capital Partners is a fully integrated, entrepreneurial organization with an unparalleled depth of knowledge in all aspects of retail real estate. Our team of executives and strategic partners draw on decades of experience with major national shopping center owners to deliver top-tier service as an operating partner and provide efficient oversight of the company’s own portfolio. Our broad-based talent is versed in multiple disciplines from investment and development, which enables the company to quickly assess market opportunities, to management, marketing and leasing which allows them to effectively control costs and maintain the quality of its properties. This position is based in Boston, MA but our company operates nationally with a particular emphasis on large regional malls.
The General Manager provides full scale management direction for the property to meet ownership objectives.
Management, Operations and Marketing
• Maintain safety, cleanliness, and integrity of all areas of all buildings, systems and equipment for all property users.
• Perform daily property inspection to ensure highest levels of standards.
• Have thorough knowledge of area market including all competitive properties and area demographics.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community affairs and activities representing the property’s interest.
• Enforce all tenant lease requirements.
• Manage the activities of the property’s marketing manager.
• Establish an effective working relationship with all department store managers and other key merchants, including specialty tenants to understand and drive sales.
• Coordinate the operational aspects of the property in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the owner’s asset.
• Implement and monitor hazard control and team safety practices, ensure compliance with local codes and regulation and pass the compliance portion of the operations audit.
• Implement preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
• Select contracted services by developing scopes of work, requesting bids, monitor performance per scopes of work and contractual agreements.
• Manage multiple employees through effective communication, supervision, training, and scheduling to ensure tasks are completed timely and in budget.
• Develop multi-year capital project plans and manage the process to complete the capital projects.
• Manage tenant construction with contractors, tenants, and consultants.
• Compliance with local codes and regulations.
• Monitor performance of in-house and contracted services and take necessary action to assure in-house performance and contracted services (security, landscaping, janitorial, etc.) are performing up to our standards.
• Develop Plans of Action for Capital Projects and manage the process to complete these Capital Projects.
• Purchase building and maintenance supplies, machinery, and equipment.
• Establish and maintain appropriate communication with all staff and develop protocols for information sharing.
• Work in conjunction with property’s Leasing Specialist to execute new and renewal leases to meet or exceed client objectives.
• Direct activities of specialty leasing function to optimize temporary tenant and cart occupancy to maximize property revenue.
• Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the property’s leasing specialist to ensure budgeted leasing activity occurs.
• Negotiate all tenant rent reduction or termination requests.
Financial Performance and Reporting
• Drive NOI – Achieve (and wherever possible exceed) budgeted net operating income for property.
• Determine opportunities to improve Tenant recovery ratios.
• Manage property’s capital to budgeted levels.
• Direct the timely preparation and implementation of all financial reports including budgets, monthly/quarterly reports, sales reports, variance reports, cash flow analyses and forecasts.
• Monitor the collections of all rents and execute appropriate collection processes.
• Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the owner partnership team.
Employee Motivation and Development
• Direct and supervise the activities of all property employees. Resolve employee issues and work with Insperity to manager employee performance.
• Develop a personnel action plan for each direct report to identify opportunities for further career development. Ensure that all supervisory employees do the same for their direct reports.
• Provide regular feedback to employees via annual performance objectives, mid-year reviews, annual reviews, and other communication mechanisms.
• Coordinate appropriate training for property personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree or related field and/or 5-10 years in retail property management.
• Understanding of financial aspects of property performance
• Excellent skills in navigating the internet, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
• Ability to easily learn and use new systems.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please reference “General Manager” in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.