The General Manager provides full scale management direction for the property to meet ownership objectives
Management, Operations and Marketing
- Maintain safety, cleanliness, and integrity of all areas of all buildings, systems, and equipment for all property users.
- Perform daily property inspection to ensure highest levels of standards.
- Prepare team to respond in emergency and crisis situations.
- Have thorough knowledge of area market including all competitive properties and area demographics.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community affairs and activities representing the property’s interest.
- Enforce all tenant lease requirements.
- Manage the activities of the property’s marketing manager.
- Establish an effective working relationship with all department store managers and other key merchants, including specialty tenants to understand and drive sales.
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the property in a manner which protects, maintains, and improves the value of the owner’s asset.
- Implement and monitor hazard control and team safety practices, ensure compliance with local codes and regulation and pass the compliance portion of the operations audit.
- Implement preventive, ongoing & anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
- Select contracted services by developing scopes of work, requesting bids, monitor performance per scopes of work and contractual agreements.
- Manage multiple employees through effective communication, supervision, training and scheduling to ensure tasks are completed timely & in budget.
- Develop multi-year capital project plans and manage the process to complete the capital projects.
- Manage tenant construction with contractors, tenants, and consultants.
- Compliance with local codes and regulations.
- Monitor performance of in-house and contracted services and take necessary action to assure in-house performance and contracted services (security, landscaping, janitorial, etc.) are performing up to our standards.
- Develop Plans of Action for Capital Projects and manage the process to complete these Capital Projects.
- Purchase building and maintenance supplies, machinery, and equipment.
- Establish and maintain appropriate communication with all staff and develop protocols for information sharing
- Work in conjunction with property’s Leasing Specialist to execute new and renewal leases to meet or exceed client objectives.
- Direct activities of specialty leasing function to optimize temporary tenant and cart occupancy to maximize property revenue.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the property’s leasing specialist to ensure budgeted leasing activity occurs.
- Negotiate all tenant rent reduction or termination requests.
Financial Performance and Reporting
- Drive NOI – Achieve (and wherever possible exceed) budgeted net operating income for property.
- Determine opportunities to improve Tenant recovery ratios.
- Manage property’s capital to budgeted levels
- Direct the timely preparation and implementation of all financial reports including budgets, monthly/quarterly reports, sales reports, variance reports, cash flow analyses and forecasts.
- Monitor the collections of all rents and execute appropriate collection processes
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the owner partnership team.
Employee Motivation and Development
- Direct and supervise the activities of all property employees. Resolve employee issues & work with Insperity to manager employee performance.
- Develop a personnel action plan for each direct report to identify opportunities for further career development. Ensure that all supervisory employees do the same for their direct reports.
- Provide regular feedback to employees via annual performance objectives, mid-year reviews, annual reviews, and other communication mechanisms
- Coordinate appropriate training for property personnel.
- Drive Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom line oriented, pushes self and other for results.
- Managerial Courage – provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and correctional feedback to others. Faces up to people problems quickly and directly.
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting customer’s expectations and acts with customer in mind.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at hones analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Time Management – uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; can attend to a broader range of activities; completes work in a timely manner, even under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Motivating Others/Directing Others – creates a climate in which people want to do their best and empowers others. Is good at establishing clear directions; distributes the workload appropriately; a clear communicator. Inspires an environment of collaborative teamwork.
- Developing Others – provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments, holds frequent development discussions, is aware of each direct report’s career goals, constructs compelling development plans and executes them, pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves, will take direct reports who need work, is a people builder.
- Planning & Organizing – establishes course of action for team to accomplish goals and evaluates results. Develops schedules and task/people assignments. Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Written/Oral Communications – can write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Financially Astute – Has thorough understanding of retail accounting principles including recovery ratios and methods, accrual, and cash basis accounting, reading, and understanding financial statements, lease language interpretation and budgeting and forecasting.
- Initiative – Takes pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership. Develops best practices for operations and financial processes.
- Technology – Takes pro-active approach to learning new software programs to improve efficiency and presentations; as well as continuously enhancing existing skills with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree or related field and/or 5-10 years in retail property management.
- Understanding of financial aspects of property performance
- Excellent skills in navigating the internet, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to easily learn and use new systems.
- We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@PacificRetail.com
Please reference “General Manager – Paseo Nuevo” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.