The Regional Manager provides full scale management direction for the property to meet ownership objectives.
Management, Operations and Marketing
• Maintain safety, cleanliness and integrity of all areas of all buildings, systems and equipment for all property users.
• Prepare team to respond in emergency and crisis situations.
• Have thorough knowledge of area market including all competitive properties and area demographics.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community affairs and activities representing both the property’s interest and the interest of property owners.
• Enforce all tenant lease requirements.
• Manage the activities of the property’s marketing manager in conjunction with the regional marketing manager.
• Establish an effective working relationship with all department store managers and other key merchants, including specialty tenants to understand and drive sales.
• Work in conjunction with property’s Leasing Specialist to execute new and renewal leases to meet or exceed client objectives.
• Direct activities of specialty leasing function to optimize temporary tenant and cart occupancy to maximize property revenue.
• Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the property’s leasing specialist to ensure budgeted leasing activity occurs.
• Negotiate all tenant rent reduction or termination requests.
Financial Performance and Reporting
• Achieve budgeted net operating income for property.
• Manage property’s capital to budgeted levels.
• Direct the preparation and implementation of all annual financial reports including budgets, management plan, marketing plan, marketing budget, and annual report.
• Direct the preparation and submission to asset manager of all monthly/quarterly financial reports, forecasts and sales reports.
• Monitor the collections of all rents and execute appropriate collection process.
• Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the property’s asset manager.
• Function as primary point of contact to asset manager for all issues relating to the property.
• Interact frequently with property’s regional managers and leasing organization to ensure consistent high quality interaction with asset management firm.
Employee Motivation and Development
• Direct and supervise the activities of all property employees.
• Develop a personnel action plan for each direct report to identify opportunities for further career development. Ensure that all supervisory employees do the same for their direct reports.
• Provide regular feedback to employees via annual performance objectives, mid-year reviews, annual reviews and other communication mechanisms.
• Coordinate appropriate training for property personnel.
• Managerial Courage – provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and correctional feedback to others. Faces up to people problems quickly and directly.
• Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting customer’s expectations and acts with customer in mind.
• Planning & Organizing – establishes course of action for team to accomplish goals and evaluates results. Develops schedules and task/people assignments. Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
• Motivating Others/Directing Others – creates a climate in which people want to do their best and empowers others. Is good at establishing clear directions; distributes the workload appropriately; a clear communicator.
• Developing Others – provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments, is aware of each direct report’s career goals and is a people builder.
• Written/Oral Communications – is able to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Problem Solving – uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
• Time Management – uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; can attend to a broader range of activities.
• Financially Astute – thorough understanding of retail accounting principles including recovery ratios and methods, accrual and cash basis accounting, reading and understanding financial statements, lease language interpretation and budgeting and forecasting.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or related field and/or 5 – 10 years in retail property management.
• Understanding of financial aspects of property performance.
• Excellent skills in navigating the internet, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
• Ability to easily learn and use new systems.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to: HR@PacificRetail.com
Please reference “General Manager – Colonie Center” in the subject line.
Pacific Retail Capital Partners is a fully-integrated, entrepreneurial organization with an unparalleled depth of knowledge in all aspects of retail real estate. Our team of executives and strategic partners draw on decades of experience with major national shopping center owners to deliver top-tier service as an operating partner and provide efficient oversight of the company’s own portfolio. Our broad-based talent is versed in multiple disciplines from investment and development, which enables the company to quickly assess market opportunities, to management, marketing and leasing which allows them to effectively control costs and maintain the quality of its properties. This position is based in Colonie, NY but our company operates nationally with a particular emphasis on large regional malls.
Pacific Retail Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.