The ideal candidate should have experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, social media, event planning and graphic design. Those interested in a long-term career goal have an opportunity to move up quickly in this dynamic industry with a growing company.
- Strong marketing background
- Strong copywriting skills
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director and property team to develop and execute comprehensive, research-based strategic planning that directs marketing efforts to enhance asset value by actively participating in the leasing process (permanent and specialty), driving sales, and generating alternative revenue
- Maintain frequent, in person contact and communication with all tenants. Ability to take information and apply it to marketing programs, promotional outlets and reporting
- Assist in all stages of Business Development including obtaining signatures for contracts, COI, installation coordination and deal point execution
- Administration and coordination of community outreach initiatives
- Manage the process of updating on-mall signage, graphics, handheld directories, backlit directories, website directories
- Be a brand ambassador for the center
- Have a working knowledge of the area market. Be prepared to assist in obtaining information on all competitive properties, area and customer demographics and available media
- Stay on top of industry trends by reading trade and area magazines, newsletters and communicating
- Submit marketing expenses
- Continuously improve media spend ROI with a focus on driving attendance, length of stay, sales and subscription sign ups
Event Coordination and Implementation
- Develop, plan and execute marketing programs, events and initiatives based on Marketing Manager’s direction.
- For special events, research and book entertainment, maintain master programming calendar, coordinate activities, implement direction, promote, attend and represent mall management.
- Perform as a mall office staff person, i.e., be willing to work all events (night and weekend events do occur) and participate in weekend management duty during holidays and peak times.
Tech, Digital & Social
- Ability to learn and use new systems.
- Create, update and implement digital marketing platforms including website, e-newsletters, LED screen content, social media and more that drive results.
- Develop and maintain Social Media strategy across all channels that meets center goals. Includes but is not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Engage with followers while maintaining brand guidelines.
- Direct and coordinate third party agency teams, including: digital media, paid search, SEO, affiliate, creative and social. Measure and analyze online marketing campaign performance.
- Coordination and installation for digital and on-mall signage.
- Develop SMS programming that drives results.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years in professional experience, retail and/or related shopping center experience preferred
- Strong copywriting skills
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and research
- Ability to learn and use new systems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent with PC, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Social Media skills and experience posting for a company
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks effectively and establish priorities
- Ability work under pressure with hard deadlines in a dynamic industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Dealing with ambiguity and learning on the fly – can effectively cope with change and can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; does not get upset when things are up in the air; does not have to finish things before moving on; can comfortable handle risk and uncertainty. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Customer focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and communicates it to the rest of the Team for improvements to the center; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/clients and gains their trust and respect.
- Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Planning & organizing – can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Time management – uses time efficiently and effectively; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Sales Oriented – assist the Team to prospect and identify sponsorship opportunities; ability to close the deal; develop and maintain relationships with sponsors.
- Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities and with various types of people.
- Initiative – takes pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership.
- Technology – takes pro-active approach to learning new software programs to improve efficiency and presentations; as well as continuously enhancing existing skills with Illustrator, Word and Power Point.
- Communication – able to provide ongoing communications to mall team through distribution of thoughtful and detailed information.
- Teamwork – able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support to other departments as necessary.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Submit your resume and cover letter to the Marketing Manager, Erin Falbo, at firstname.lastname@example.org.