Job Summary: Marketing Coordinator – Regional Shopping Center – Eastridge Center – San Jose, CA
Job Scope: Develop and execute the marketing plan to meet the objectives of the owners, tenants, and guests.
Marketing Strategy Implementation
- Collaborate with property team to develop and execute comprehensive, research-based strategic planning that directs marketing efforts to enhance asset value by actively participating in the leasing process (permanent and specialty), driving sales and generating alternative revenue.
- Have a working knowledge of the area market. Assist in obtaining information on competitive properties, area and customer demographics and available media.
- Execute a Marketing program to enhance tenant sales effectively, generate traffic, increase dwell time and generate percentage rents.
- Coordinate special events and community relations programs to support merchandising efforts as set by the Marketing business plan; work with retailers to involve them as appropriate; track and produce results summaries to determine the impact on center traffic and sales.
- Assist in implementing an ongoing public relations action plan as necessary.
- Assist in developing collateral pieces for Marketing and Specialty Leasing programs.
- Ensure ongoing exposure of all Marketing and Specialty Leasing programs throughout the center including advertising, on-mall signage, and directories.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community activities representing the property and ownership.
- Oversee tourism initiatives and develop relationships with area hotels and visitor bureaus.
- Works with Specialty Leasing Manager on advertising and promotions in an effort to support the shopping center’s tenants.
- Oversee production schedules for any planned print and digital advertising. Write copy, proofs materials and distributes as necessary.
- Oversee updates of website information on an as needed basis to keep information current. Write, collect and update information for: events, deals, news, directory changes, job opportunities, visitor resources, etc.
- Develop and maintain Social Media strategy across all channels that meets center goals.
- Be the voice of the center on all social media channels by joining conversations, responding to all comments, and engaging with individuals and brands that engage with the centers content.
- Execute text concierge and text promotion programs interface and daily communication.
- Create, curate and execute social media content and maintain a calendar for such content across all channels that is within the cultural and cadence of said platform.
- Curate email content, develop distribution strategy and maintain a regular schedule of communication. Implement a plan to grow the database.
- Understand and be able to execute Facebook & Instagram Paid Advertising Campaigns by being able to utilize the Facebook campaign manager and business manager.
- Understand and be able to execute web-retargeting campaigns.
- Understand and be able to execute snapchat filters and paid ad campaigns
- Help identify corporate sponsorship opportunities that will generate additional revenue for the property; assist with sponsorship proposals and programs.
- Monitor the execution of the business development program,
- Work with Specialty Leasing Manager to identify new and unique tenants for the Specialty Leasing program and/or permanent Leasing.
- Attend local and regional events in order to maintain retailer relationships and introduce new retailers to the property.
- Review monthly sales reports to obtain knowledge and insight of retailer sales and track key retailer and category trends.
- Establish relationships and ongoing communication with tenants to maximize individual store sales.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Specialty Leasing Managers to develop and implement retailer action plans aimed at maximizing retailer sales and increasing the center’s value.
- Communicate new trends and products with retailers in order to grow current business or expand to additional locations.
- Recruit retailers to participate in planned center programs.
Management and Operations
- Ensure that Specialty Leasing retailers and amenities (signage/fixtures, etc.) enhance the appearance and value of the shopping center and meet company visual merchandising requirements and standards of professionalism.
- Communicate with the property team as needed or required to ensure that the team are kept apprised of marketing activities on the property.
- In concert with the Marketing & Specialty Leasing Manager, General Manager, and other Team members, manage Guest Services to provide quality service to guests, retailers, and the property Team.
- Follow corporate policies and procedures for all programs and promotions.
Financial & Reporting Responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation and observance of the annual income and expense budgets.
- Help prepare and adhere to the monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist with monthly Asset Management Report.
- Assist with monthly tenant sales reports and prospecting report.
- Prepare annual Goals and Objectives and year-end self-evaluation review.
- Assist with various projects as needed
Dealing with ambiguity and learning on the fly – can effectively cope with change and can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; does not get upset when things are up in the air; does not have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
Customer focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and communicates it to the rest of the Team for improvements to the center; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/clients and gains their trust and respect.
Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Planning & organizing – can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Time management – uses time efficiently and effectively; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Sales Oriented – assist the Team to prospect and identify sponsorship opportunities; ability to close the deal; develop and maintain relationships with sponsors.
Social Media and Internet – Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities and with various types of people.
Initiative – takes a pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership.
Technology – takes a pro-active approach to learning new software programs to improve efficiency and presentations; as well as continuously enhancing existing skills with Adobe creative suite, Google aps, video editing, Word and Power Point.
Communication – able to provide ongoing communications to mall team through the distribution of thoughtful and detailed information.
Teamwork – able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support to other departments as necessary.
Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- College degree required
- 3 years of Marketing and/or related experience
- The ability to effectively manage timelines and coordinate internal and external teams to deliver results.
- Understanding of marketing metrics including engagement rates, cost per order, ROI, and cost of acquisition to draw conclusions and influence existing and future content and external marketing plans.
- Photo & Video editing experience a bonus. Basic Google Analytics preferred
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team and vendors rapid and seamless execution.
- Familiar with digital and social media platforms, curating content
- Exceptional communication skills, clear, concise and professional representation is expected
- Knowledge of real estate, retail marketing, leasing, and operations a plus
- Strong analytical capability, especially in understanding and applying marketing/retail trends and marketing communication principles
- Must be flexible and able to work event shifts which may include nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel as needed
- REPORTING STRUCTURE
Direct report to General Manager
Indirect to Marketing and Specialty Leasing Managers
Salary based on experience and qualifications