Job Summary: Marketing Coordinator – Regional Shopping Center – Northpark Mall – Ridgeland, MS
Job Scope: Develop and execute the marketing plan to meet the objectives of the owners, tenants, and guests.
Marketing Strategy Implementation
- Collaborate with property team to develop and execute comprehensive, research-based strategic planning that directs marketing efforts to enhance asset value by actively participating in the leasing process (permanent and specialty), driving sales and generating alternative revenue.
- Have a working knowledge of the area market. Assist in obtaining information on competitive properties, area and customer demographics and available media.
- Execute a Marketing program to enhance tenant sales effectively, generate traffic, increase dwell time and generate percentage rents.
- Coordinate special events and community relations programs to support merchandising efforts as set by the Marketing business plan; work with retailers to involve them as appropriate; track and produce results summaries to determine the impact on center traffic and sales.
- Assist in implementing an ongoing public relations action plan as necessary.
- Assist in developing collateral pieces for Marketing and Specialty Leasing programs.
- Ensure ongoing exposure of all Marketing and Specialty Leasing programs throughout the center including advertising, on-mall signage, and directories.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community activities representing the property and ownership.
- Oversee tourism initiatives and develop relationships with area hotels and visitor bureaus.
- Works with Specialty Leasing Manager on advertising and promotions in an effort to support the shopping center’s tenants.
- Oversee production schedules for any planned print and digital advertising. Write copy, proofs materials and distributes as necessary.
- Oversee updates of website information on an as needed basis to keep information current. Write, collect and update information for: events, deals, news, directory changes, job opportunities, visitor resources, etc.
- Develop and maintain Social Media strategy across all channels that meets center goals.
- Be the voice of the center on all social media channels by joining conversations, responding to all comments, and engaging with individuals and brands that engage with the centers content.
- Execute text concierge and text promotion programs interface and daily communication.
- Create, curate and execute social media content and maintain a calendar for such content across all channels that is within the cultural and cadence of said platform.
- Curate email content, develop distribution strategy and maintain a regular schedule of communication. Implement a plan to grow the database.
- Understand and be able to execute Facebook & Instagram Paid Advertising Campaigns by being able to utilize the Facebook campaign manager and business manager.
- Understand and be able to execute web-retargeting campaigns.
- Understand and be able to execute snapchat filters and paid ad campaigns
- Help identify corporate sponsorship opportunities that will generate additional revenue for the property; assist with sponsorship proposals and programs.
- Monitor the execution of the business development program,
- Work with Specialty Leasing Manager to identify new and unique tenants for the Specialty Leasing program and/or permanent Leasing.
- Attend local and regional events in order to maintain retailer relationships and introduce new retailers to the property.
- Review monthly sales reports to obtain knowledge and insight of retailer sales and track key retailer and category trends.
- Establish relationships and ongoing communication with tenants to maximize individual store sales.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Specialty Leasing Managers to develop and implement retailer action plans aimed at maximizing retailer sales and increasing the center’s value.
- Communicate new trends and products with retailers in order to grow current business or expand to additional locations.
- Recruit retailers to participate in planned center programs.
Management and Operations
- Ensure that Specialty Leasing retailers and amenities (signage/fixtures, etc.) enhance the appearance and value of the shopping center and meet company visual merchandising requirements and standards of professionalism.
- Communicate with the property team as needed or required to ensure that the team are kept apprised of marketing activities on the property.
- In concert with the Marketing & Specialty Leasing Manager, General Manager, and other Team members, manage Guest Services to provide quality service to guests, retailers, and the property Team.
- Follow corporate policies and procedures for all programs and promotions.
Financial & Reporting Responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation and observance of the annual income and expense budgets.
- Help prepare and adhere to the monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist with monthly Asset Management Report.
- Assist with monthly tenant sales reports and prospecting report.
- Prepare annual Goals and Objectives and year-end self-evaluation review.
- Assist with various projects as needed
Dealing with ambiguity and learning on the fly – can effectively cope with change and can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; does not get upset when things are up in the air; does not have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
Customer focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and communicates it to the rest of the Team for improvements to the center; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/clients and gains their trust and respect.
Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Planning & organizing – can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Time management – uses time efficiently and effectively; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Sales Oriented – assist the Team to prospect and identify sponsorship opportunities; ability to close the deal; develop and maintain relationships with sponsors.
Social Media and Internet – Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities and with various types of people.
Initiative – takes a pro-active approach to meeting and exceeding the requirements of ownership.
Technology – takes a pro-active approach to learning new software programs to improve efficiency and presentations; as well as continuously enhancing existing skills with Adobe creative suite, Google aps, video editing, Word and Power Point.
Communication – able to provide ongoing communications to mall team through the distribution of thoughtful and detailed information.
Teamwork – able to work in a team atmosphere, providing support to other departments as necessary.
Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
College degree required
3 years of Marketing and/or related experience
The ability to effectively manage timelines and coordinate internal and external teams to deliver results.
Understanding of marketing metrics including engagement rates, cost per order, ROI, and cost of acquisition to draw conclusions and influence existing and future content and external marketing plans.
Photo & Video editing experience a bonus. Basic Google Analytics preferred
Collaborate closely with the marketing team and vendors rapid and seamless execution.
Familiar with digital and social media platforms, curating content
Exceptional communication skills, clear, concise and professional representation is expected
Knowledge of real estate, retail marketing, leasing, and operations a plus
Strong analytical capability, especially in understanding and applying marketing/retail trends and marketing communication principles
Must be flexible and able to work event shifts which may include nights, weekends and holidays
Ability to travel as needed
Direct report to General Manager
Indirect to Marketing and Specialty Leasing Managers
Salary based on experience and qualifications