Marketing Manager: Job Description
Job Summary: Marketing Manager – Regional Shopping Center, Ridgeline, MS
Reports to: General Manager (onsite). Dotted line to corporate VP Marketing
Job Scope: The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing and programs for the retail center that are based on the center’s strategic goals. The three main areas of focus are, Marketing for Leasing, Marketing for Sales and Marketing for Alternative Revenue.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the marketing and communication efforts to achieve the center’s goals. These responsibilities include coordinating, overseeing and implementing all aspects of the center’s marketing and communications plan including marketing, advertising, public relations, technology integration, guest services, business development initiatives and special event planning. Marketing Manager will establish a working relationship with the General Manager and other center staff; corporate teams; contractors, vendors and agencies/freelancers; media; community leaders; and tenants. Additionally, the Marketing Manager should implement programs specifically focusing on a local, social, mobile strategy and be proficient in budgeting and sales forecasting.
- Plan and implement a strategic, overall marketing and communications program for the property:
- Collaborate with property team to develop and execute comprehensive, research-based strategic planning that directs marketing efforts to enhance asset value by actively participating in the leasing process (permanent and specialty), driving sales, and generating alternative revenue
- Ensure the properties’ annual marketing plan is directed at achieving owner’s objectives; focused on leasing, sales and revenue; and utilize the resources and tools available
- Review monthly sales reports to have a thorough knowledge of retailer sales and track key retailer and category trends. Establish an ongoing partnership with tenants to maximize individual store sales through a retailer communication/sales program and implement retailer action plans aimed at maximizing retailer sales and increasing the center’s value.
- Plan and implement targeted consumer initiatives such as direct mail, shopper incentive programs, email, social media and other appropriate advertising mediums.
- Direct, place and monitor production schedules for any collateral, planned advertising or printed pieces. Write copy, proofs materials and distributes as necessary.
- Plan and implement center’s special events including tenant coordination, entertainment, vendors, aesthetics and value-added opportunities.
- Coordinate public relations efforts that maintain the center in a favorable light, creates interest in the center, promotes special events, and increases exposure of tenants, builds relationships with key media, and enhances the overall perception of the center.
- Coordinate a community relations program that makes the center an integral part of the trade area and a community resource.
- Maintain and manage center’s website, social channels, mobile and registered shopper database. Control appropriate social media to support center.
- Create opportunities and partnerships to drive traffic and sales. Increase the financial resources for coordinating effective marketing opportunities through sponsorships, trade-outs, partnership marketing and merchant involvement.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of key marketing activities in terms of sales results, consumer response, publicity value, tenant success and community support.
- Conduct and evaluate primary and secondary research, as needed, to evaluate program effectiveness, assist with planning, assess competition and be proactive in marketing efforts.
- Participate in development, administration and maintenance of the complete, yearly allocated marketing budget, including non-event and non-advertising related items, for the assigned center. Provide sales forecasting, based on available data, for center and pertinent tenants.
- Understand and meet legal requirements for special events, vendor contracts, volunteer guidelines, etc., as they pertain to implementing the marketing plan.
- Prepare and provide regular verbal and written reports including marketing plan summary, sales updates, public relations value, competitive analysis, traffic counts, etc., to corporate and center management, investment partners and other designated parties.
- Develop and implement a tenant relations program that includes, but is not limited to, regular tenant meetings, tenant newsletter, personal calls and visits, customized marketing plans and sales incentives.
- Create activity within the assigned center that increases shopper frequency, length of time in the center, and the number of retailers visited while on property.
- Assist Leasing as needed through research and marketing efforts in achieving 100% tenant occupancy.
- Coordinate all visual merchandising and vacant storefront graphics/barricades
- Manage Guest Services program and enhancement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager, VP of Marketing or VP of Asset Management.
- Marketing Coordinator and Guest Services Manager
- Provides objectives, evaluates performance and gives interim and annual performance reviews of direct reports.
- May supervise non-exempt, exempt or professional employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, counseling and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires flexibility in working hours.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Flexible outlook towards task management.
- Understanding of existing retail offerings, demographics in trade area and regional market.
Education and/or Experience
Required: Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in marketing, advertising, public relations, journalism, communications or related field. Three to five years in retail and/or related shopping center experience, tourism and/or experience based or entertainment venues.
Preferred: Previous experience marketing a shopping center with a strong focus on retail as well as entertainment and tourism/hospitality marketing.
Reasoning Ability, Language and Communication Skills
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to write, read, analyze and interpret reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and quickly respond to questions from management, tenants, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to effectively create and propose sponsorship proposals to local and national companies.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, verbal, diagram, report or schedule form.
- Requires collaboration with other marketing directors and corporate marketing, while implementing programs independently.
- Strategic planning and thinking.
- Creativity and innovation.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, budgeting software, asset management software, Web/Internet/e-mail/social media technologies and general computing technology.
- Ability to prepare a marketing budget.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, etc., related to daily job responsibilities.
- Ability to negotiate with outside vendors to arrive at working arrangements beneficial to the center and its initiatives.
Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com